My journey into Breathwork... How did I get here?

My Journey into Breathwork.... How did I get here?

From my early 20's I was interested in anything alternative and in some ways I guess I've not really changed. I grew up in a rural village with a close group of friends, one of them we lost and that had quite a big impact on my life at that point. I had some experiences soon after that made me sure that there is an afterlife and other worlds alongside this one. I traveled around the world a lot in my late teens and early 20's, went to a lot of festivals where I met and connected with people of all walks of life. I connected with nature deeply, spending lots of time camping, going on hikes. I was aware of energies, and other parts of ourselves that go beyond physical, emotional and mental. 

            
I studied Permaculture at an Eco-village in Croatia in 2010 and learnt about Climate Change. I had some amazing intuitive experiences from just being with an amazing group of people and being held in a safe space by the teachers. I came back and went freelance in Forest School and Sustainable Development Education. I moved to Hertfordshire and I studied Countryside Management in Essex then spent the rest of my 20's wanting to carve a career in the Environmental Sector, although I loved Habitat Management I was always pulled by the people side of things - the heritage, the volunteers and training people. I really saw the emotional and mental health benefits of nature on people. It brought me back to the North-East.


When I became a mum and moved back to the countryside where I grew up in Northumberland, I was opened up again to a whole network of people who I was inspired and supported by. I started Yoga and got into Breathwork through movement and stretching. I nurtured self-love and I grew in confidence. When my beautiful Mum got ill, I reached out to everyone for help and I started to learn about the nervous system and stress and I became really interested in it all, not just for my Mum but to manage my own stress and anxiety as a carer. I'd known for ages that once I'd had the kids, I would leave my job and go self-employed and pursue the Nature - Wellbeing route and at Christmas last year I was offered some work which would give me the opportunity to do that more easily.


                                                 
My Mum took her life in February 2023 and I promised myself that it would make me stronger not weaker. I pursued Breathwork and Yoga, also determined to do my Forest Bathing Training. This was a healing journey, going to Inverness on 3 trains for 7hrs, as mum took her own life by stepping in front of a train. I faced my fear straight on and I have been telling myself that I will continue to face the darkness, - I have to cross the track where she stepped out, twice a day. I know that I need share this darkness in safe places, and continue to breathe into it until it diminishes. Since loosing Mum I've been to two Conscious Connected Breathwork sessions and they have been huge in healing my trauma. Both experiences very different from the other but they were what I needed at the time. I'm learning that our breath is our own power from within. We can become our own healers and use it for a more conscious, connected and aligned life.


I took the leap to do the Breathwork Facilitator course as I know the potential it has to help me heal, to help me to continue to uncover my path to help me to create safe spaces for others. I want to do this in connection with nature and I'll be exploring this through the course over the next 10 months. 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all about our Breath - my training experience so far

Self Love through Breathwork

Holding Conscious Connected Breathwork sessions so far...